I finally finished spinning my Cricket. The soothing, sublime colors of this wool were a delight to have running through my fingers. I think this is the first fiber that I haven’t raced through, impatient to see the end product–and I can see the improvement in my spinning because of it.
Mine seems so much more green than the other versions of Cricket. I’m not complaining, oh no, I LURVE it. I ended up with 297 yards of heavy worsted weight (11 wpi). I split the roving lengthwise, then drafted the first half and spun it onto one bobbin for lengthy stretches of color. I split the other half into four sections which I spun end to end on another bobbin. I was trying for muted, long stripes. I can’t wait to knit it and see if it worked.