I started spinning Mollusk last night, and it was so easy, I got through my entire shiny lovely “cord” of it in one night! I’m about 1/4 of the way through plying it into an aran weight 2 ply, and it’s SO shiny. I’ll get pictures tonight if I get a chance.
I simply split the roving in half resulting in 2 long cords (which was way easier to do than usual due to the long staple) and spun up each on its own bobbin. The staple is so long in fact that this yarn almost felt like it was spinning itself, it tended to grab the next fibers without a problem and give me a pretty unform size for my single. Every once in a while I got a bit of a heavier “clump” but that was really me, not the fiber 😉
I’ll take pictures tonight once it’s plied!
EDIT: Got a picture!